Whether you are a stay at home mom or a working professional, serving your meals at time is a never ending challenge. On one hand you fret about serving nutritious and healthy meals to your kids, and on the other hand you struggle to fetch more time in the kitchen to actually make it happen every day.
Prepping meals beforehand is one of the first steps to improve your family’s eating habits on a consistent basis. The more planned your family meals are, the less stressed out you will feel when you are running late and it’s finally time to serve dinner. But, whether you are prepping a gym meal or a kid’s meal, you’ll have to spare a few hours in the morning or on a Sunday afternoon to get ready with all the ingredients.
Check out these quick and practical gym and kids meal prepping options that will transform your family’s eating habits in the best way possible, and that too without taking much of your time in the kitchen -
- Fruits: When it comes to both gym and kids meal prepping, fresh fruits always leave you with a lot of options to choose from. Make sure to pick fruits like strawberries, grapes, pineapples and melons that will not oxidize in your fridge after being washed and cut for storage.
- Baked Chicken: Having baked chicken ready in your fridge can save you a lot of time before you dine. You can go for both, baked boneless chicken or chicken with breasts.
- Greens: Wash, dry, chop and store leafy greens like kale in your fridge for a quick munch when you are running late to cook a meal.
- Sweet Potatoes: Kids love sweet potatoes, so it’s always a great idea to have some baked or slow cooked sweet potatoes ready in your fridge for instant snacking.
- Frozen Smoothies: Preparing your favourite smoothies and freezing them in tins is also a time saving hack for a quick breakfast after gym. All you need to have your smoothies instantly is to blend them one more time!
- Roasted Veggies: Roast veggies like onions, tomatoes, potatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, asparagus etc for storage and cut your meal prep time after a long day at work. Some veggies will take longer to roast than others, so make sure to use different pans to roast them accordingly.
- Oatmeal Jars: Preparing separate oatmeal jars with fruits and flavours of your choice makes for a quick and nutritious breakfast. These instant oatmeal jars work as the perfect on the go gym/kid’s breakfast without taking much of prep time.
- Energy Bars: Find some easy to prep recipes of protein and energy bars and store these munchies in the fridge to consume all throughout the week. If you have kids at home, you can also add some chocolate chips or caramel flavours in your energy bars to taste sweeter and better.